To launch a Virtual Lab from your OpenEdx cours, you need first to enable the LTI Consumer XBlock in Studio through the advanced settings.
- From the main page of a specific course, navigate to
Settings -> Advanced Settingsfrom the top menu.
- Check for the
advanced_modulespolicy key, and add
"lti_consumer"to the policy value list. For more information, click here.
- Always in the Advanced settings page, Check for the
LTI Passportspolicy key, enter the LTI passport string surrounded by quotation marks in the LTI Passports field. The LTI passport string format is “”LTI_id:Key:Secret“.
- Replace Key and Secret with the values generated in the Clover LTI admin console.
- The LTI_id is a value that you create to refer to CLOVER VTL tool. You should create an LTI ID that you can remember easily (e.g. cloverID). This id will be used later in the LTI component settings.
- The following example shows an LTI passport string: “cloverID:demo:SeOc…………….“
- Click the “Save changes” button.
Once that’s done, you can now add an LTI Component to a Course Unit (for more information, click here). To add a Virtual Lab, you can follow these steps:
- Edit the unit in which you want to add the CLOVER VTL tool and select Advanced from the Add New Component section. Select LTI Consumer.
Select Edit in the component that appears in order to configure the LTI component (for more information, click here).
- You need now to fill the two fields: “LTI ID” and “LTI URL”
- LTI ID: This value must match the LTI_id that you entered as part of the LTI passport string defined above (e.g. cloverID).
- LTI URL: Specifies the URL of the Clover LTI Connector specified in the “LTI administration” Console in Clover (e.g. https://lti.clover-vtl.com/connect.php).
4. For more information about each setting, see this section. For instance, in the Button Text field, Enter a custom label for the button that opens CLOVER VTL (e.g. Go to Clover VTL) and that will be displayed later to the student.
Once you finished the LTI component configuration:
- Select Save.
- Select Publish
- To test the LTI component, use the Preview feature or view the live version in the LMS.
From the LMS interface, click on the button “Go to Clover VTL” to launch the CLOVER VTL tool and start use your virtual labs !
For more information about LTI configuration in Openedx, please click here: http://edx.readthedocs.io/projects/open-edx-building-and-running-a-course/en/latest/exercises_tools/lti_component.html#lti-authentication-information