Integrating Clover based Virtual Labs into your Canvas Platform
To launch Virtual Labs from your Canvas course, you need to set up Clover as External Tool. First of all, you should first to generate the URL, the Key, and the Secret (see section Creating LTI Keys and URLs).
- In Canvas, sign in as an administrator.
- Click Courses Settings > Apps > + App
- Under Add App, enter the following information:
- Configuration Type: Select By URL.
- Name: Enter the app name (i.e. CloverCanvas).
- Consumer Key: Enter the LTI key you generated.
- Shared Secret: Enter the LTI secret associated with your key.
- Config URL: Enter the LTI connector https://lti.clover-vtl.com/connect
- Click Submit
- Return to your course page and click “+Module“
- For Add, leave the drop-down menu set to External Tool and specify the app name (i.e. CloverCanvas).
- Finally, Click Add Item (step 4). Congratulations, Clover-VTL is now integrated in your course.